Bus Collision in Ottawa: a lengthy investigation into perspective

Collision d'autobus à Ottawa: une longue enquête en perspective

The three people who died in the collision between an OC Transpo bus and the shelter of the station Westboro Transitway, Friday afternoon have been identified by the authorities. An investigation which promises to be very long continues unabated.

It is this that confirmed the unity of the collisions of the Ottawa police Service (OPS), on Saturday morning. In a statement, it is argued that the investigators worked throughout the night to determine the identity of the deceased and to announce the bad news to their family. For the moment, these details are not shared with the general public since the forensic identification process is still ongoing with the coroner’s office.

The information shared Friday night by the Ottawa police Service that two of the dead were passengers and the third was waiting for a bus on the platform of the station Westboro is also in the process of being checked back in.

The unit of the collisions of the SPO also announced that the driver of the bus, was arrested on the scene Friday has been released unconditionally, pending the outcome of the investigation. When asked about it Saturday afternoon, the head of OPS, Charles Bordeleau, did not rule out the possibility that charges are later brought against her, but asked the public not to draw hasty conclusions from this arrest.

Investigators are still on the scene of the violent collision that injured 23 other users of the public transportation, either of passengers of the bus or people waiting on the platform of the station Westboro. The head of the section of the SPO assigned to this inquiry, sergeant Cameron Graham, argues that the bus should be towed in the course of the afternoon or, at the latest, Sunday morning.

READ  Fire in Beauceville: air quality considered safe [VIDEO + PHOTOS]

Collision d'autobus à Ottawa: une longue enquête en perspective

The Ottawa chief of police, Charles Bordeleau, during a press conference Saturday afternoon in the company of sergeant Cameron Graham.

Martin Roy, The Right

From the outset, Saturday afternoon, sergeant Graham has pointed out that there will be an investigation is long and detailed, which will require the taking of many measurements, the study of many videos and photos, along with meeting dozens of witnesses. Six officers of the section of the collisions of the OPS work on this case, and many investigators in other departments of the Ottawa police to come to their assistance since Friday night. adds Cameron Graham.

In the update of Saturday afternoon, the Ottawa police Service has indicated that the majority of the wounded in critical condition, have seen their status improve. One person remains in critical condition following the accident on Friday afternoon. In addition, the integrated Center of health and social services in the Outaouais, has pointed out that its head of department of surgery, Dr. Wadih Matar, went to offer his help to the teams of the Ottawa Hospital, including the sharing of equipment for the care of victims.

Several streets remain closed to traffic in the area. It is recommended that motorists avoid the vicinity of the collision.

Anyone with information on this collision or who may have witnessed the incident is asked to contact the investigators of the unit collision at 613-236-1222, ext 2481. The police are looking in particular to speak to the passengers of the bus which came into collision with the shelter who have not shared their contact details with the forces of law and order, Friday. People who have had to leave personal effects behind, Friday, may dial the same number to retrieve their property.


Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *